From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:05:09
1 On Thursday 09 December 2010 12:58:36 Paul Jewell wrote:
2 > When I installed my system back in January, I started off with 64 bit only,
3 > and immediately hit a problem with grub compilation. I switched to
4 > multilib, and the installation went smoothly. I would recommend Pappy's
5 > seeds as a starting point for kernel configuration. Even if you don't use
6 > his seed, the debian resource to identify drivers is useful. If you need a
7 > link, I'll sort it out when I get home. I have not had any issues with the
8 > multilib setup, and compared to my old AthlonXP system it flies!
9
10 Ok, that's probably why it works for me then :)
11 I use multilib as I prefer the flexibility and didn't have to go with grub-
12 static for a while now.
15 Joost Roeleveld