From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] keymap broken
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 02:28:16
1 On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 22:21 -0400, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
2 > I got a newer laptop, and rather than installing gentoo, I just
3 > swapped the hard disks. Now when I boot into the new one,
4 > it works up to the level I am expecting (still need some drivers), but
5 > the keyboard act wierd. When I press "m" it types "0",
6 > and some other keys don't send anything at all.
7 > This issue starts when I start my xdm (configured to start slim). With
8 > the text run level (console), there's no issues until I start and stop
9 > xdm.
10 >
11 > I am not sure if I modified something long time ago in the config, to
12 > use different keymaps, but this issue didn't exist on the older
13 > laptop.
14 > What files could have such a configuration, that I need to look into ?
15 >
16 > Thank you.
17 >
18 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
19
20 Configuring your keyboard
21
22 To setup X to use an international keyboard, you just have to create the
23 appropriate config file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/. This example features
24 a Czech keyboard layout:
25
26 # nano -w /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-keyboard.conf
27
28 Section "InputClass"
29 Identifier "keyboard-all"
30 Driver "evdev"
31 Option "XkbLayout" "us,cz"
32 Option "XkbModel" "logitech_g15"
33 Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
34 Option "XkbOptions"
35 "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp:switch,grp_led:scroll,compose:rwin,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
36 Option "XkbVariant" ",qwerty"
37 MatchIsKeyboard "on"
38 EndSection