From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] udevd event find_free_number?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 03:16:04
1 On 4/3/06, Jack Cuyler <jjvcuyler@×××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > When booting, I get an error message that "find_free_number" doesn't
3 > work, will be removed, and shouldn't be used. I've googled, but the
4 > best I can find is something on a debian list to the effect of, "Yes,
5 > that's right. Don't use it."
6 >
7 > My question is, how do I disable it?
8
9 Check /etc/udev/rules.d/*. If you have any rules with "%e" in them,
10 you will get this warning. Although, I see the cdrom rules in
11 50-udev.rules is still using %e, so I'm personally waiting to see what
12 replaces this before I fix my rules...
13
14 -Richard
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list