From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] chipset temperatures?
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 00:22:53
1 On 4/8/07, Christoph Mende <ch.mende@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 15:42 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > I have an Asus A8N-E motherboard which had a motherboard chipset
5 > > fan go bad yesterday. After doing some reading I found many folks have
6 > > had this same problem and switched successfully to Zalman passive heat
7 > > sinks so I did the same thing today. The machine has been up for about
8 > > 4 hours with no problems. So far so good....
9 > >
10 > > My question is how can I monitor chipset temp from my my desktop to
11 > > watch this for awhile? If I drop into BIOS I see a temperature listed
12 > > and had to turn off boot time warnings about the chipset fan going to
13 > > slow so it seems the BIOS knows what's going on.
14 > >
15 > > Is there a way for me to do this in Gnome?
16 > >
17 > > Thanks in advance,
18 > > Mark
19 >
20 > emerge lm_sensors ;>
21 > there's probably some plugin for gdesklets too, dunno if there's
22 > something for the panel
25 Thanks. I'll go read about that.
26
28