From: Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] emerge --emptytree problem
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:26:42
I'm rebuilding my system from scratch, using 2005 and a stage 2 build.
It keeps failing in the emerge --emptytree system process. I suspect
my make.conf is the problem. So a couple questions...

1. On the USE flags, this time around, I put in everything that
sounded like I wanted, which ended up being a very long list. Am I
better off having a very short list of USE flags, as shown in the
example in the docs?

2. I have -march=athlon64 in my make.conf file. My processor is an
AMD64 Athlon 3200+. Is that the correct march= setting? Maybe that's
my whole problem rather than my USE flags list??

Thanks all,
--
Mark
[unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]