From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Incipient hardware failure?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 08:50:20
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 >I think I don't need to get swapping as I've got
4 >two instances of the script operating in competition, one on each
5 >physical disk. What with the BOINC clients, some routine emerging and
6 >ordinary X user activity, if this doesn't break the system I don't know
7 >what will!
11 I should have added that my disks are showing 39 and 49 C in gkrellm.
12 Hda is being used for reading at present, while the 20 copies of the
13 code are being compared in parallel, whereas hdb is writing 20 copies in
14 parallel. 49 C makes me nervous :-(
17 Rgds
18 Peter Humphrey
19 Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93.