From: Nicolas <valombre@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] HP PhotoSmart 7150
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:59:05
1 2006/8/10, Daniele Salatti <linuxlist@×××××××.net>:
2 > Hi all!
3
4 Hi
5
6 > I'm trying to set up a HP PhotoSmart 7150 printer. I found an HOW-TO on
7 > the net, so I have emerged hpijs and hplip. After starting hplip and
8 > restarting cupsd, I have tried to configure the printer. I have
9 > downloaded the right ppd file, and I have used the gnome cups config
10 > utility to set up the printer. The problem is that the utility can't
11 > find the printer, so I choose manually "USB Printer #n" with 1<n<16 (I
12 > have tried them all). All seems to work, but If i try to print a
13 > document (for an example the test page) I get something like (I'm
14 > translating) "Print on «PhotoSmart-7150» failed with error code 1033.
15 > Is the printer paused?".
16
17 I think i had the same problem
18 i had resolved it by emerging the ~amd64 version of hplip (1.6.6
19 instead of 0.9.7)
20 and it's worked, as by magic ^^
21
22 Hoping it'll help