From: Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Scanning in GIMP
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 02:57:38
I plugged in a USB scanner tonight, and followed instructions I found to get
xsane working with it. It all works perfectly. I would like to be able to
scan from within GIMP, but the Acquire menu does not show a scanner option.
So I tried USE="scanner" emerge gimp to re-install it with scanner support,
but I still don't have the scanner option. Did I need to do the emerge
differently than I did when I re-installed, or is something else wrong?
Thanks!

--
Mark
[unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]