From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Is 2005 broken?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:57:38
1 Nuitari posted <Pine.LNX.4.63.0507091824190.15832@××××××××××××××××.net>,
2 excerpted below, on Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:25:19 -0400:
3
4 > I would also take a close look at the power supply as it can easily be the
5 > cause of way too many weird problems.
6
7 Yes, tho I think I mentioned that in an earlier post. He's got only a 450
8 watt, the one that came with his case, and those aren't always known to be
9 good to anything near the claimed rating, and often don't have UL or other
10 certification matching that claim up to anything even close to real
11 numbers. If it's UL listed for 450 watts, he's likely OK, tho maybe
12 barely. However, if it's not, the thing could be peaking at 250 watts or
13 less, 450 watt claim or no 450 watt claim, and that just won't cut it.
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
19 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list