From: Piotr Pruszczak <p.pruszczak@××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mixer problem after update
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:03:10
1 Generally, to avoid the problems - I used to compile into the kernel
2 (NOT modules) alsa..
3
4 try check #modules-rebuild command. if you have alsa - then you have
5 probably to
6
7 #modules-rebuild rebuild
8 #modprobe
9
10 OR - which is very simple & the-right-way-to-have-easy-result
11
12 try new kernel sources, compile ALSA static. NOT as module
13
14 For me - static ALSA is enough good, works much more stable.
15
16 Peter Davoust napisał(a):
17 > I just did an emerge --update world a while ago, and suddenly nothing but
18 > alsamixer recognises that I even have a sound card. Not SDl-mixer or kmix.
19 > Does that ring any bells? alsaconf never has picked up my sound card, and
20 > still doesn't.
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 > -Peter