From: Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdesu
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:11:46
Whenever something is missing, such as kdesu, I try the locate command.
The database is normally updated each early morning, so if you have just
installed some software, it won't be in the locate database.  Just run
updatedb as root.

In this case I would run:

 	locate kdesu

and I get hundreds of files, including:

/usr/portage/kde-base/kdesu/kdesu-3.5.0.ebuild
/export/fedora/usr/bin/kdesu

So I can see that there is a portage package and I see that it is
installed in my Fedora Core 4 partition.

Locate is very handy.

Cheers!

Steve Herber	herber@×××××.com		work: 206-221-7262
Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services	home: 425-454-2399