From: David Guerizec <david@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Am i being over optomistic ?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:47:07
1 On Sunday 12 March 2006 16:50, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Sunday 12 March 2006 11:29, Neil Stone wrote:
3 > > OK, I have managed to get my gentoo system in to a rather wierd state...
4 > > I will be rebuilding it shortly (several apps installed that fail to
5 > > work now etc..)
6 > >
7 > > Is there anything wrong with building on a separate disk, in the same
8 > > machine using chroot ?
9 >
10 > There shouldn't, unless you used some strange bind mounts. (bind
11 > mounting /dev, /sys, /usr/portage, and /proc is ok. (If you build binary
12 > packages, and it is a 32bit chroot, put them somewhere else). Even building
13 > in a subdirectory works (I've done it often enough).
14
15 I'm curious to know how you built a new system in a subdirectory without
16 chroot. Can you share your experience or a pointer ?
17
18 Regards,
19
20 David