From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] No xorg.conf but GNOME works great?
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:00:23
On Tuesday 07 March 2006 05:14, Charles Read wrote:
> Hi everybody! > > So I followed the GNOME install from the website, and I can totally > run GDM and get into my desktops. But the screen resolution is off > and there is no xorg.conf file in /etc/X11 to edit. I am running an > HP dv5000 notebook with the Turion AMD 64. Any help?
Xorg got so advanced it does not need a configure file. It doesn't know exactly what is desired in all cases though. There are a number of ways to create a config file. One way is to use "X -configure". There should be a manual on configuring X somewhere among the docs. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net