From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OT: Google Advanced search page broken in Firefox for me on AMD64 only
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 03:32:20
1 On 6/1/07, Scott <newcastlescott@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I saw this yesterday as well.
5 > On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 14:27 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 > > Hi,
7 > > This afternoon the advanced search page doesn't work correctly. I
8 > > get a 'hand pointer'. If I click anywhere on the page Firefox opens
9 > > another tab. The Google logo is in the wrong place.
10 > >
11 > > Weird stuff.
12 > >
13 > > Anyone else seeing problems like this?
14 > >
15 > > I tried clearing cache and also tried logging out and even rebooted
16 > > for the heck of it. Nothing fixed it so far.
17 > >
18 > > http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
19 > >
20 > > Thanks,
21 > > Mark
24 Interesting. So possibly it's not a problem only I'm suffering?
25
26 I'm now having other troubles. I looked at what was new in portage and
27 there was a new Firefox as well as a Gnome upgrade so I took an hour
28 and let the machine get up to date. I'm logged in now writing this but
29 Gnome is hung at the splash screen saying 'Nautilus'. It never
30 completes.
31
32 I tried booting into a different kernel but have the same problem so
33 it would seem that there is an issue with this new version of Gnome
34 but I'm hesitant to blame Gnome when Firefox is acting weird.
35
36 No bad things in dmesg.
37
38 Looks like upgrades my my box get sick on top of whatever this Google
39 problem really is.
40
41 Thanks,
42 Mark