From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 32-bit-app 3D acceleration on amd64
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:10:01
1 Brett Johnson wrote:
2
3 > I know it's considered bad mojo to run X as root, but what I do in these
4 > situations shut down all X servers, log into the console as root and run
5 >
6 > X > x.log 2>&1
7 >
8 > Once I get the lovely grey checkered screen, kill the server
9 >
10 > <CTRL> + <ALT> + <BACKSPACE>
11 >
12 > I then review the x.log and /var/log/Xorg.0.log for errors. If you still
13 > see "Permission denied", then the problem is most likely with a missing
14 > driver/module (which is what I am guessing is your problem).
15
16 May I suggest caution trusting these results? From what the OP said, the
17 permission problem only occurs when starting a 32-bit 3d program, so it
18 wouldn't appear in this case.
19
20 Sebastian Redl
21 --