From: Javi Moreno <vierito5@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Install snapshot update?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:15:56
1 On 1/9/07, David Pyke <dpyke@××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I just went through the install process for amd64 on my Acer 5050 laptop
4 > (turion) and ran into a few problems with the install, mostly with out of
5 > date packages (xterm-215 is no longer available). It took 4 attempts to get
6 > to the install portion where I could reboot and resume the build after the
7 > emerge failed.
8 >
9 > Is there some way to have the installer run emerge --sync before it starts
10 > building the system?
13 Actually, before compiling you have to emerge --sync, after the chroot.
16 > David Pyke
17 > Vice President, Research
18 > Research Dimensions
19 > 416-486-6161