From: Hamish <hamish@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Moving X...
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:20:46
1 On Thursday 29 June 2006 17:41, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 6/29/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > Is it not possible to install the CVS version to /usr/local/X11R6, and
4 > > then create a /etc/env.d/00X-cvs file to specify that
5 > > /usr/local/X11R6/bin should appear first in the path?
6 >
7 > Actually it looks like you would need to modify /etc/profile or your
8 > ~/.bashrc for this, but I think you get the idea.
11 Yeah. Again too many places to make changes, it doesn't lend itself to
12 swapping back & forth. Shame many other packages have the concept of multiple
13 versions. I'm not sure why X should be treated differently.
14
15 It was simple with the default X location. I guess the package maintainer
16 disagrees with me though. It was closed with a WONTFIX status.
17
18 H