From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge --emptytree problem
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:14:03
Mark wrote:

>I'll have to try again and see, I've already rebooted to start again. >When it fails (most recently it was at the qt-xxxx package install, it >has the usual "post the topmost error" message. But since I'm in the >console, I can't scroll up higher than the current screen displays. >How do I get to the error you would need to see? Thanks for the >help... > >
Shift-PgUp should scroll the screen up provided you haven't switched consoles. Or you could define a portage log directory in your make.conf, remembering to create it of course, then ls -lrt will show you the most recent file and you can read there what happened. My make.conf includes: PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage. HTH. -- Rgds Peter Humphrey Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93. -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list