From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge system set list
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:03:14
1 Daiajo Tibdixious posted on Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:11:43 +1000 as excerpted:
2
3 > I only have the 1 drive. My case doesn't have enough power plugs for
4 > more than 1. :(
5 > so no raid for me. (No rich enough for a better 1)
6
7 Ugh, money issues here too, ATM.
8
9 But if it's just the power plug, no problem. Splitters are available.
10 Data connections are different, tho. If you're out of those, you're out,
11 unless you have a PCI(E) slot to stick an expansion card in, and if
12 you're out of those too... And of course if your power supply simply
13 doesn't have the power to spare... but 2.5 inch drives tend to be power
14 sippers as they're designed for battery use, and if you're running /that/
15 close to the edge, power-wise, you're risking instability anyway.
16
17 But of course hard drives themselves cost money, and if things are as
18 tight for you as they are for me right now...
19
20 But it's nice if you have the few extra $$ for it...
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman