From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] windowmaker and kdm not working
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:34:11
1 On Monday 07 November 2005 14:46, DR GM SEDDON wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > My Gentoo system graphics work when I s'tartx' However, I defined
4 > 'wmaker' as my default in '/etc/rc.conf'. When I startx I get a
5 > windowmanager similar to the windowmaker I am used to but instead of the
6 > 3 icons on the top right and the desktopswitcher on the left I only have
7 > a clock. Is this correct?
8 You'll need the sessionname for wmaker
9 # ls /etc/X11/Sessions/
10 Choose the "session" that starts wmaker and change /etc/rc.conf
11 Make sure the value in /etc/rc.conf matches the filename (case sensitive!)
12 My guess is it's called 'windowmaker' not 'wmaker'
13
14 > Also, I have set my default runlevel to 5 in '/etc/inittab' and chose
15 > kdm as my prefered login method. But when I boot I always get a console
16 > login. Kdm runs if I btype 'kdm'. It doesn't give me the option of
17 > windowmaker and the default won't start anything.
18
19 rc-update add xdm default
20 this starts /etc/init.d/xdm, which starts the login manager specified
21 in /etc/rc.conf
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list