From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Possible Math Problem - Request For Verification [Solved]
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 04:41:15
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:54:10 -0700
Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:

> > I'm using -O2 here on all my machines. Certainly it isn't that option > that causes a problem for everyone. Sounds like something specific to > your processor revision. >
What version of gcc are you using? I was using gcc-4.5.2, which is the latest on Gentoo. Installing gcc-4.4.5, the previous version, into a new slot and then using gcc-4.4.5 to run the ucbtest I do *not* get the cabsd error. So the problem is definitely gcc. All I need now is for someone to come forward and say that he is using gcc-4.5.2 and has no problem. Then I'll really start to bang my head. Frank Peters