From: Eric Augustus <shrike@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] USE=aac and blocking faad2 and mpeg4ip emerges
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 16:30:30
1 I'm currently running into a problem with aac support in several
2 ebuilds that is causing blocks because media-libs/faad2 and
3 media-video/mpeg4ip cannot coexist.
4
5 The ebuilds I'm trying to install that have depends for USE=aac are:
6
7 app-pda/gtkpod - Requires media-libs/faad2 media-video/mpeg4ip
8 media-sound/easytag - Requires media-video/mpeg4ip
9 media-video/ffmpeg - Requires media-libs/faad2 media-libs/faac
10
11 This is certainly not an exhaustive list of ebuilds that have aac DEPENDS, but
12 what I use.
13
14 There appears to be a need for "virtual/aac" support.
15
16 I've chosen to stick with faad2 since it seems to be more common, and
17 added "-aac" to /etc/portage/package.use for those ebuilds that depend
18 on mpeg4ip.
19
20 Bugzilla bug 76212 sort of addresses this problem, but only with regards
21 to faac.
22
23 Any other workarounds?
26 Eric Augustus
27 shrike@×××××××××.com
29 A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it
30 is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.
31 --
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list