From: Joshua Liebowitz <taquitos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: question(s) GA-K8N Ultra 9 motherboard
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:58:25
1 > Apologies if this came off harshly, but it's no harsher than unfounded
2 > accusations calling someone a newbie for an on topic and polite question,
3 > who /at/ /least/ knows enough to post in plain text, not HTML.
4 >
5 > --
6 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
7
8 I didn't realize the listserve wasn't stripping the HTML, you have a
9 good point there about my posting in HTML though! My original point
10 was that searching either the manufacturer's website, or google for
11 information about Linux compatibility would have answered his
12 question. It appeared that he asked out of laziness, "Oh, Instead of
13 searching, why not just ask a news group?" Using google first is just
14 something I always assumed people did before posting to a newsgroup.
15 I wasn't thinking he might not have access to the web to do it
16 (although acquiring multiple distros without the web is curious!). I
17 will try to not jump to conclusions like I did.
18 -Josh
19 --
20 (http://people.bu.edu/liebowij/)
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list