From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: xorg-server upgrade
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 05:06:07
1 "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
2 49B4563E.7030101@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Sun, 08 Mar 2009
3 19:35:26 -0400:
4
5 > Mark Haney wrote:
6 >>
7 >> I had been running 1.3.x without an xorg.conf file for a couple months
8 >> now without trouble. The above message happens both with and without
9 >> an xorg.conf file. So, what I'm going todo right now is recompile all
10 >> the X11 drivers and see if that helps.
11 >
12 > I've also found where there are several packages that weren't upgraded
13 > when I did the original xorg-server upgrade. Next time, I'll RTFM.
14
15 Does that mean it's working now? FWIW, yeah, I think there was a post-
16 install ewarn mentioning that all drivers may need recompiled. And some
17 of the *proto and other dependencies may need to be keyworded ~arch as
18 well to match xorg-server. But it may work with arch-stable versions of
19 some of them as long as they are compiled in the right order, just
20 without some of the updates it would otherwise have.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman