From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] no sound
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 02:17:23
1 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml
2
3 :)
4
5 you can enable the driver either under alsa in teh kernel, or by
6 emerging alsa-driver.
7
8 then you need alsa-utils
9
10 and run alsaconf
11
12 add alsasound to the boot runlevel
13
14 and you should be good to go
15
16 -c
17
18 Mark Creamer wrote:
19
20 > I have one other issue with my newly built system - I don't have sound
21 > yet. The card is a SB Live EMU10K1. I have it enable in the kernel.
22 > First I enabled it only in ALSA. Then when that didn't work, I also
23 > enabled it in OSS. But I don't know what I'm doing there. Should I be
24 > doing both?
25 >
26 > Anyway, from Control Center, when I click on sound & multimedia/sound
27 > system, I get the message "Unable to start the sound server to
28 > retrieve possible sound I/O methods."
29 >
30 > The sound card is not set to load as module, I have it compiled into
31 > the kernel.
32 >
33 > Thanks!
34 > Mark