From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 06:15:42
Frank Peters wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:13:18 -0700 > Stan Sander<stsander@×××××.net> wrote: > > >> In addition to using grub-static, you will need to have the >> IA32 Emulation enabled in your kernel, else you won't be able >> to execute grub at all. >> > If you are building a system largely for personal or even small > business use, you can easily use lilo instead of grub. > > Lilo is still actively maintained and is my personal preference. > > Frank Peters > >
I used lilo when I first started using Linux, Mandrake 9.1 days. When I started with Gentoo, I switched to grub. I can't even imagine being without grub. I know lilo has some strong points and is maintained but I still prefer grub. I also read that a new grub is in the pipe too. Supposed to be much better. That's the rumor anyway. Thanks. Dale :-) :-)