From: Daemon Xavier <daemon.xavier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problems after upgrading to 4GB Ram
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:07:57
1 i have seen somethin in my menconifg, that you have to enable if you have
2 more than 3g of ram
3
4 On 6/10/06, Jani Averbach <jaa@×××××××.fi> wrote:
5 >
6 > On 2006-06-11 00:35+0100, Richard Lucking wrote:
7 > >
8 > > Thanks for the suggestion. They are 4 matching 1GB sticks from Crucial.
9 > > It's worked perfectly today with any 2 of them - just not when I fit all
10 > 4.
11 > >
12 > > It didn't work *at all* when I first put in 4GB, I had to recompile the
13 > > kernel with IOMMU options - now it works, just not under "load".
14 >
15 > Try to test your system with this:
16 > http://people.redhat.com/dledford/memtest.html
17 >
18 > It's a script which stress your system's memory, IO, DMA, etc.
19 >
20 > BR, Jani
21 >
22 > --
23 > Jani Averbach
24 > --
25 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
31 Karma, It's Real!
32 "No penguins were harmed during the writing, just a bunch of broken windows
33 to let them escape..."-xtacocorex