From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge -eav system failed with ati-drivers
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:19:54
1 "John P. Burkett" <burkett@×××.edu> posted 4A3EAC43.30004@×××.edu,
2 excerpted below, on Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:55:15 -0400:
3
4 > hank you David. Doing
5 > emerge =sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.22-r2 produced the following
6 > response
7 > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
8 > "=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.22-r2"
9 >
10 > I also tried
11 > emerge -s gentoo-sources-2.6.22-r2-osmp and a few other variations
12 > without finding any ebuilds.
13 >
14 > Ideas about how to emerge the sources would be very welcome.
15
16 Try epkginfo gentoo-sources
17
18 That should give you a list of all available versions and their keyword
19 status, among other info (as long as you have gentoolkit installed, tho
20 older gentoolkits might not include it as I think it's a newer
21 addition). It looks like there's no longer a gentoo-sources-2.6.22
22 version in the tree. I haven't synced in a few days so the list I get
23 may be slightly outdated, but here, there's a version jump from 2.6.16
24 (which was maintained as a long-term stable version for quite some time)
25 to 2.6.25, then at least one revision of each kernel from there thru 30,
26 the latest.
27
28 So it appears you'll need to upgrade to at least 2.6.25 if you stay with
29 gentoo-sources, or switch to a different kernel package or grab the
30 sources directly from upstream.
31
32 Personally, since you're upgrading, I'd suggest the latest stable, 2.6.29-
33 r5 it appears, so you won't need to worry about it for awhile. But of
34 course, the farther you upgrade in one jump, the more various config
35 options will have changed a bit, leaving you with more questions to try
36 to figure out the answer to when you make oldconfig, or genkernel, or
37 whatever you use.
42 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman