From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] FVWM taskbar segfault on ~amd64
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:55:44
1 On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:48:29 -0800
2 felix@×××××××.com wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:57:42PM +0100, Jes?s Guerrero wrote:
5 >
6 > > Gentoo doesn't add too much stuff. Just a couple of patches. But it
7 > > would help if you can reproduce your problem with a vanilla build of
8 > > fvwm. Without patches. So we can confirm that it's an fvwm problem.
9 >
10 > > With my fvwm cvs ebuild you can do this, to get a vanilla build:
11 > >
12 > > USE="-extras -translucency" emerge =fvwm-9999
13
14 First, lets see if the new vanilla build gives you the same problem. In
15 that case you can compile with USE="debug" to get a debug build of fvwm.
18 > OK, it's compiling right now. All I have for an error is the segfault
19 > line in syslog. Should I run fvwm with any particular args to get a
20 > core dump or anything useful? I am also willing to try special
21 > builds, but you'd have to hold my hand for whatever gentoo tricks that
22 > would require. Or running it under gdb, I could probably do that, but
23 > I am not sure how one would go about that since it is a window manager.
24
25 Look here, particularly sections df1 and df3.
26 http://www.starshine.org/xteddy/thomas/fvwm/fvwmchanfaq.html#df1
27
28 If we can reproduce the same error with the vanilla build, then the
29 backtrace would belong to the fvwm-workers@××××.org mailing list, where
30 the fvwm can give you a better advice and the bug would probably be hunted
31 and tracked much more faster than I could do.
34 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es>
35 --
36 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list