From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] printing has stopped
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 16:02:06
1 On Dec 7, 2007 6:33 AM, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > This is weird, all of a sudden my printing has stopped working. Now I'm
4 > not sure if this is as a result of updates or I have finger trouble
5 > (probably this).
6 > Anyway it appears that cups isn't working, I get this error:-
7 > An error occurred while loading http://localhost:631/printers:
8 > Connection to host localhost is broken.
9 >
10 > I have reinstalled cups, restarted cupsd,checked cups.conf and it seems ok
11 > so I think I have done something that has affected localhost, but I can't
12 > find anything wrong.
13 > Here is my /etc/hosts:-
14 >
15 > # IPv4 and IPv6 localhost aliases
16 > #127.0.0.1 localhost
17 > 127.0.0.1 PC2.HOMENET PC2 localhost
18 > #::1 localhost
19 >
20 > I just don't know what to do next, any help appreciated
21 > Paul
22 > --
23 > This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
24 > --
25 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
29 Possibly it jsut crashed? Is cups running?
30
31 lightning ~ # /etc/init.d/cupsd status
32 * status: started
33 lightning ~ #
34
35 lightning ~ # cat /var/log/cups/error_log
36
37 I had problems recently with updates to cups. I think I had to
38 uninstall my printer and then reinstall it. Don't really remember.
39
40 Linux printing - the least fun thing about Linux. ;-)
41
42 - Mark
43 --
44 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list