From: Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: initio seen, mt -f doesn't work
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:38:49
1 Besides lspci and lsusb, I like lshw.
2
3 sys-apps/lshw
4
5 >From the man page:
6
7 lshw is a small tool to extract detailed information on the hardware
8 configuration of the machine. It can report exact memory configuration,
9 firmware version, mainboard configuration, CPU version and speed, cache
10 configuration, bus speed, etc. on DMI-capable x86 or IA-64 systems and
11 on some PowerPC machines (PowerMac G4 is known to work).
12
13 It currently supports DMI (x86 and IA-64 only), OpenFirmware device
14 tree (PowerPC only), PCI/AGP, CPUID (x86), IDE/ATA/ATAPI, PCMCIA (only
15 tested on x86), SCSI and USB.
16
17 How much am I supposed to trim from the quoted article???
20 Steve Herber herber@×××××.com work: 206-221-7262
21 Security Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services home: 425-454-2399
22