From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc 4.1 upgrade - bad desktop interactivity anyone?
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:13:51
1 On Saturday 23 September 2006 17:21, Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc 4.1 upgrade - bad desktop
3 interactivity anyone?':
4 > On Saturday 23 September 2006 19:52, Duncan wrote:
5 > > However, the only difference (CFLAGS wise) that I'm aware of for the
6 > > AMD dual-cores is that they now incorporate SSE3, while my old 242s
7 > > and I presume your 246s don't.
8 >
9 > Nope. SSE and SSE2, but not SSE3. According to /proc/cpuinfo, that is.
10
11 I can verify that the 275s do support SSE3 (flag: pni) from
12 my /proc/cpuinfo:
13 vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
14 cpu family : 15
15 model : 33
16 model name : Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 275
17 stepping : 2
18 cpu MHz : 2200.000
19 fpu : yes
20 fpu_exception : yes
21 wp : yes
22 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
23 cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm
24 3dnowext 3dnow pni lahf_lm cmp_legacy
25 address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
26 power management: ts fid vid ttp
30 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
31 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
32 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
33 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh