From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 4.2.4 and kdeprefix
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:31:07
1 On Tuesday 23 June 2009 22:25:45 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 06/23/2009 10:21 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > >> I'm baffled. This should have at least deserved some announcement. I'm
4 > >> subscribed to mailing lists and all the feeds on gentoo.org (Planet
5 > >> Gentoo and whatever.) Silence. This is not good. Someone has to
6 > >> inform us every now and then about what's going on, even if it's just a
7 > >> one-liner written posted in 10 seconds....
8 > >
9 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde4-guide.xml
10 > > there is such announcement on **Official** kde4 guide for Gentoo
11 >
12 > I don't see one.
13 Ok what about this
14
15 3. Installation
16
17 The new kdeprefix USE flag
18 **Warning: Big Fat Warning! The kdeprefix USE flag is masked. It's unsupported
19 and shouldn't be used by users in any way. Use on your own risk.**
20
21 > It would be nice to get news on normal channels. Like
22 > the RSS feeds or the mailing lists.
23 The announcement is also on the last meeting summary. Maybe an announcement on
24 gentoo-desktop should might be needed as well but anyway. We cant just update
25 all the possible media a gentoo users uses. We could have made an
26 announcement on forums as well or a blog spot.
27 Anyway
28 --
29 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
30 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise]
31 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org