From: Taka John Brunkhorst <antiwmac@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] changing desktop
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:53:19
1 oops, sorry Craig I misunderstanded that you are having trouble with
2 emerging wm or something. :p
3
4 On 11/22/05, Craig Webster <craig@××××××.net> wrote:
5 > On 21 Nov 2005, at 23:10, Taka John Brunkhorst wrote:
6 > >> emerge -p <wm name>
7 > >> It'll say what packages are blocking the merge. Unmerge the blockers
8 > >> and try again.
9 > >
10 > > Please read the gentoo documentation... or portage documentation.. or
11 > > emerge documentation... whatever you want to call.
12 >
13 > I'm not quite sure why you're telling me to read the docs[1] here...
14 > They say exactly what I did above; use emerge -p to find blockers,
15 > unmerge them and try again.
16 >
17 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?
18 > part=2&chap=1#doc_chap4
19 >
20 > Yours,
21 > Craig
22 > --
23 > Craig Webster | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: craig@××××××.net
24 > Xeriom.NET | f: +44 (0)709 287 1902 | w: http://xeriom.net
28 > --
29 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
35 Int'l Anti-Microsoft Assn. Japan/S'pore Dept.
36 fsck /dev/urandom;
37 Taka John Brunkhorst
38 antiwmac@×××××.com
41 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list