From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can't mount cdrom?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:18:49
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Martin" <pjmartin@×××××.ca>
To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 6:03 PM

> > > Drake Donahue wrote: > >> <snipping> >> >>> etc/fstab has; >>> /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,user 0 0 >> >> <snipping> >> as Peter Humphrey correctly pointed out, >> >>> That no longer works here; /dev/hdc works though. >> >> >> so change to: >> dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,user 0 0
i trust you caught my typo - missing / in /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,user 0 0
> > I just tried this (with out rebooting) and the fault is still the same, > but now 'mount' is reporting the fault is with /dev/hdc instead of > /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 >
The error now is: "Mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc, or too many mounted file systems." ? The cd is an ide/ata type not scsi or usb or sata or 1394 or ? reboot not needed here, might try auto vice iso9660,(which should change nothing) it looks like you need to: (section 7.c) cd /usr/src/linux make menuconfig and take a hard look at device drivers and file systems if lspci will run, any thing it has to say about the cd would be useful, it is part of the package pciutils