From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [OT] AGPART [SOLVED]
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 08:00:24
1 Thanks, guys!
2
3 I knew it was IOMMU, as stated in the help section I quoted in the
4 first message. I had seen "IOMMU=y" in my .config, but I couldn't find
5 it anywhere in "menuconfig" in order to disable it. So, Jeffrey
6 Gardner's response helped me "fix" it. I've always been disabling that
7 "Small Systems" section because of it's name "CONFIG_EMBEDDED" and
8 because of the statement "change this stuff only if you know what ya
9 doin'". So, IOMMU was hidden and auto-enabled.
10
11 Duncan, thanks for your most detailed answer. Now I know an additional
12 thing that should be done when compiling a kernel for systems with >3.5G
13 RAM. Unfortunately I've got no such "problem" ;-) and I'm happy with
14 my 1G of RAM. It gets rarely used at 100%. Actually only in situations
15 like compilation of updated packages + web surfing in the same time.
16 Beryl and Firefox are my biggest resident memory hogs.
17
18 Have a nice weekend, people! :)
22 Best regards,
23 Daniel