From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc Update Breaks Open/LibreOffice -- Can't Downgrade
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 18:08:19
On Wednesday 06 July 2011 12:08:45 Frank Peters wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:22:33 -0500 > Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote: > > Take a look at this page:> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Downgrade_Glibc> > > And also this forum topic:> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-845000-
start-0.html
> Thanks for these links. > What a mess! In my case there would be no problem becauseabsolutely nothing
was built against the new glibc.
> However, I found another solution. I did not realize thatGentoo offers a
binary OpenOffice package. Installingthis openoffice-bin package now gives me an OpenOfficethat starts with the new glibc update.
> So the new question is why does the binary from OO/LOfail to start while the
Gentoo binary shows no problem?AFAIK they are the same package, but the directory structuresare different.
> Anyway, I'm glad to have OO running. > Frank Peters
one is compiled by the ooo guys for some setup they consider 'standard'. The other compiled against gentoo stable tree. Huge differences. Really. -- #163933