From: Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] vmware not booting install cd
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:09:29
1 yes I checked this.
2
3 I'll try the iso.
6 On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 09:22 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
7 > On 6/28/06, Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
8 > > Hi,
9 > > this is vmware-workstation. When I power in it starts. I get the
10 > > vmware progress bar. It says 'examining hardware'. Then there is an
11 > > error that I cannot see and it all starts again.
12 >
13 > What is it that you are trying to boot?
14 >
15 > Have you double checked that the VMWare BIOS is set to boot from CD
16 > first? (hit F2 when you see the progress bar to enter the VMWare BIOS
17 > setup).
18 >
19 > -Richard
20 --