From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: ALSA no sound
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:26:04
1 Daiajo Tibdixious posted on Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:02:32 +1100 as excerpted:
2
3 > lsof shows java using the HDMI, yet when I run the test on hw:0,0 it was
4 > locked until I shutdown java. After that the test worked perfectly.
5 >
6 > So the problem seems to be java using the wrong card, how to I force it
7 > to use the external speakers?
8
9 The aplay -L list indicated that the HDMI was ATI, likely on your
10 graphics card, and that's what you want to ignore, correct?
11
12 If you're running the proprietary driver I've no idea, but with the radeon
13 driver on a Turks card here (Radeon hd6670 IIRC, the logs say turks),
14 kernel built-in not modular, the following kernel commandline option
15 disables HDMI audio here:
16
17 radeon.audio=0
18
19 But while I know it's disabled (at least back when the kernel radeon
20 driver first enabled hdmi audio by default I couldn't boot without it
21 disabled, so it definitely disables it or I'd have no graphics!), alsa
22 still shows it as a sound card that I can choose, I just never do, so I
23 don't know what would happen if I did.
24
25 And of course I don't do proprietary so haven't the foggiest how the
26 proprietary driver works in that regard.
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman