From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] suddenly lost sound
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:17:01
1 > > Just adding a "me too". Exactly the same situation. Maybe a specific
2 > > driver/chip bug? - My card is:
3 > >
4 > > 00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies,
5 > > Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)
6 > > Card: VIA 8237
7 > > Chip: Realtek ALC850 rev 0
8 > >
9 > > FYI.
10 > >
11 > > (Or maybe some Monday-morning-related bug? :) )
12 > >
13 > > Regards
14 > > -Roman
15 > >
16 > Could there have been something in the latest round of updates I emerged
17 > this morning that caused it? I didn't update all weekend, but I did
18 > this morning. I don't remember anything sound related being updated
19 > this morning, but then I didn't look that hard at it.
20
21 At least in my case, no. This has happened to me quite a few times so far
22 during the past one-two months (i.e. since this PC got assembled).
23
24 I haven't yet discovered any other solution but reboot.
25
26 -Roman
27 --
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list