From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: vectorization (was: gcc4 CFLAGS)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:33:02
1 On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:47:21 +0000
2 Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Is there a way to specify CFLAGS on the command line in such a way as
5 > to negate (unset) those that are set in /etc/make.conf? I have
6 > -combine and -ftree-pre in make.conf, and while emerge -e world is
7 > running it fails some packages by not recognising those two. When
8 > that happens I want to emerge --resume --skipfirst so as not to lose
9 > my place in the world emerge, and in another terminal emerge the ones
10 > that have failed.
11
12 CFLAGS=<set of flags you want> emerge --oneshot <package>
13
14 ought to do the trick - it should override the make.conf setting. You
15 can do the same with FEATURES.
18 Aside from that, what you're really after is per-package CFLAGS (or
19 more generally, per-package FEATURES) which is a long-standing portage
20 feature request. You can do it via a bashrc script
21 (in /etc/portage/bashrc) although it's not 100% - bashrc scripts are not
22 sourced in all phases of emerge (in particular, fetch), although they
23 are for the ones you're most likely to care about.
26 Kevin F. Quinn