From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] icedtea java on amd64?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 03:16:49
1 On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Paul Hartman
3 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Paul Hartman
5 >> <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>> After hearing a little bit about icedtea I thought I might give it a
8 >>>> try. I removed the Sun java stuff and tried to emerge but am not sure
9 >>>> how to handle the error message.
10 >>>>
11 >>>> Also, which of the use flags make sense for a desktop machine? Is
12 >>>> nsplugin supported for amd64? javascript?
13 >>>>
14 >>>> Thanks,
15 >>>> Mark
16 <SNIP>
17
18 Another possible clue. Why is emerge saying it wants to pull in icedtea6-bin?
19
20 - Mark
21
22 lightning ~ # emerge -p --depclean
23
24 * Always study the list of packages to be cleaned for any obvious
25 * mistakes. Packages that are part of the world set will always
26 * be kept. They can be manually added to this set with
27 * `emerge --noreplace <atom>`. Packages that are listed in
28 * package.provided (see portage(5)) will be removed by
29 * depclean, even if they are part of the world set.
30 *
31 * As a safety measure, depclean will not remove any packages
32 * unless *all* required dependencies have been resolved. As a
33 * consequence, it is often necessary to run `emerge --update
34 * --newuse --deep @system @world` prior to depclean.
35
36 Calculating dependencies... done!
37 * Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
38 * the following required packages not being installed:
39 *
40 * dev-java/icedtea6-bin pulled in by:
41 * net-libs/xulrunner-1.8.1.19
42 *
43 * dev-java/icedtea6-bin pulled in by:
44 * sys-libs/db-4.5.20_p2-r1
45 *
46 * dev-java/icedtea6-bin pulled in by:
47 * virtual/jdk-1.6.0-r2
48 *
49 * dev-java/icedtea6-bin pulled in by:
50 * www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.5
51 *
52 * dev-java/icedtea6-bin pulled in by:
53 * net-dns/libidn-1.5-r1