From: Jared Lindsay <cinder.sub@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc 4.1.1
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:06:02
1 On 6/3/06, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > "Jared Lindsay" <cinder.sub@×××××.com> posted
3 > e16d914c0606031618v2f2e67far496f1c57ecfeb4d5@××××××××××.com, excerpted
4 > below, on Sat, 03 Jun 2006 16:18:43 -0700:
5 >
6 > > Everything works fine here, after a complete world rebuild, except for
7 > > hotkeys. I'm actually thinking this is a bug with xorg, though, as
8 > > some functionality went away from it after the xorg7 upgrade. I'm
9 > > hoping that xorg7.1 (that just got unmasked) might fix this, but I
10 > > have to wait for nVidia to release new drivers.
11 >
12 > Hotkeys? Xorg?
13 >
14 > The xorg zoom hotkeys went away for me, with xorg 7.1 (7.0 they still
15 > worked, but that might have been on an older compiler). I'm using the
16 > xorg native ati/radeon driver.
17 >
18 > If that's what "hotkeys" you mean, I'm seriously interested, as it means
19 > we have the same bug but with different video drivers and different xorg
20 > versions. If you mean other hotkeys, don't know, except that khotkeys
21 > continues to work just fine, here (tho I haven't restarted KDE yet, since
22 > upgrading to 3.5.3 earlier 2day... if they quit working, it'll be a quick
23 > trip back to 3.5.2 for me!).
24
25 Sorry, I meant the "hotkeys" package that enables keyboard multimedia
26 keys. Lineakd doesn't work either, but then again, it's never worked.
27 I've never used the zoom hotkeys.
28
29 (Not to hijack the thread, but...) KHotkeys works for you? I'd try
30 it, but I don't run KDE...or is it also a daemon, but with a KDE/Qt
31 frontend?
32
33 Thanks
34
35 > --
36 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
37 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
38 > and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
39 >
40 > --
41 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
45 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list