From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Confused by cdrecord
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 06:32:30
1 On 6/21/06, John Myers <electronerd@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 20 June 2006 15:37, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
3 > > I physically moved the disk from my burner to my DVD ROM drive.
4 > > I wonder why I can't now mount it?
5 > 1. Can you mount the disk when it's in the burner?
6
7 Yes I can (to my surprise).
8 I can see the files and they look okay.
9 I notice all the files in the directory I specified are there, and I
10 wanted a single directory with the files in it. I though from "man
11 mkisofs" that would be the case.
12 Anyway I can work with this as a short term backup solution.
13
14 > 2. Can you mount other disks (esp. burned disks) in the DVD-ROM drive?
15
16 Yes, the 2006.0 universal disk for instance, which I burned with Nero
17 on a windows machine.
18 I have never tried to mount anything I've burned from Linux, simply
19 because this is the first time
20 I've used cdrecord.
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list