From: "Michal Žeravík" <michalz@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Nvidia problem
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:07:56
1 Well,
2 I have pcie geforce6600 board primary
3 and pci riva tnt2 as secondary with xinerama,
4 drivers
5 =media-video/nvidia-kernel-1.0.7664
6 =media-video/nvidia-glx-1.0.7664
7
8 Primary card is controlled by nvidia module, secondary with nv driver.
9 A shame, composite crashes after run xcompmgr.
10 I have modified xorg.conf (v6.8.2-r2) following steps on gentoo-wiki.org.
11
12 So the problem is in xorg xinerama code?
13
14 Michal
18 Mark wrote:
19
20 >Well, now it works :-)
21 >
22 >I don't know what fixed it, but my guess is, as Duncan suggested, I
23 >didn't reboot after recompiling the kernel, and before emerging
24 >nvidia. After that sequence, the module loads fine.
25 >
26 >Thank you all very much for the tips and taking the time to help. Best regards
27 >