From: "Olivier CrĂȘte" <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USE=aac and blocking faad2 and mpeg4ip emerges
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:51:10
Hi,

On Sun, 2005-13-11 at 10:28 -0600, Eric Augustus wrote:
> I'm currently running into a problem with aac support in several > ebuilds that is causing blocks because media-libs/faad2 and > media-video/mpeg4ip cannot coexist.
I'm the mpeg4ip maintainer. One "easy" solution for you is to copy the ebuilds into an overlay and remove the blocker.. then compile mpeg4ip and faad2 (in that order), it will make the whole thing work together.
This is not about aac but about libmp4v2... which we should separate into another package.. but I've been too lazy recently.. -- Olivier CrĂȘte tester@g.o x86 Security Liaison