From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc Update Breaks Open/LibreOffice -- Can't Downgrade
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 17:02:38
On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:22:33 -0500
Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:

> > Take a look at this page: > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Downgrade_Glibc > > And also this forum topic: > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-845000-start-0.html >
Thanks for these links. What a mess! In my case there would be no problem because absolutely nothing was built against the new glibc. However, I found another solution. I did not realize that Gentoo offers a binary OpenOffice package. Installing this openoffice-bin package now gives me an OpenOffice that starts with the new glibc update. So the new question is why does the binary from OO/LO fail to start while the Gentoo binary shows no problem? AFAIK they are the same package, but the directory structures are different. Anyway, I'm glad to have OO running. Frank Peters