From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB flash drive mount point fun
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:51:10
1 Lukas Oliva wrote:
2 > Yes, thanks for these, but I meant some way of teling udev - find out
3 > i this is flash storage (general), no sata disk from box, no SD memory
4 > card, no camera and mount it to /dev/flash.
5 >
6 Hopefully you mean create a symlink to /dev/flash (which you can -- see
7 the rules with SYMLINK on it - there is a very good udev rules howto if
8 you search with Google.) I mean you COULD mount to /dev, but really,
9 thats kinda... odd. All you have to do is figure out something that
10 defines the device itself - an exampled would be the
11
12 BUS=="usb", SYSFS{manufacturer}=="Sony DSC"
13
14 line. You would just need to see what all the device puts in /sys/ and
15 go from there...
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list