From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] First Impressions
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:01:53
1 "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net> skribis:
2 > Well, I actually include them for when my -O3 is changed (by the ebuild)
3 > to -O2 or lower. >:)
4
5 That works for me.
6
7 I personally don’t worry much about optimizations unless I am working
8 on something that’s essentially assembly code, where I need the
9 compiler to generate a specific sort of code. Then I play with
10 optimizations to see what code gets generated. This has happened once
11 with amd64, when I wrote coexpression support for amd64 in the Unicon
12 language. (It’s a very tiny bit of code.)
16 Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org http://chemoelectric.org
17 Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj: http://crudfactory.com (PDF)
18 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush
19 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)