From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Dell Latitude E5410 laptop
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:18:47
1 2011/2/12 Fernando Boaglio <boaglio@×××××.com>
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'm thinking about buying a new  Dell Latitude E5410 laptop, I had to sell my LG laptop because it has a proprietary video driver that makes Linux unable to control brightness, resulting in laptop  battery did not last even for an hour ... =/
6 > Anyone have this laptop Dell Latitude E5410 ? Does it run  Gentoo smoothly ?
7 >
8 > Found nothing in the forums or  wiki ( http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Category:Dell_Laptops )
9 >
10 > TIA
11 >
12 > []'s
13 > Fernando Boaglio
14
15 If the laptop is supported by Linux, it is supported by Gentoo.
16
17 Canonical has a certification programme for its Ubuntu distribution.
18 If they provide full support, you must be able to get Gentoo working
19 as well.
20
21 http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/make/Dell
22
23 (I get a proxy error, but the URL should be the correct one..)
24
25 Martin