From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Dell Latitude E5410 laptop
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:18:47
2011/2/12 Fernando Boaglio <boaglio@×××××.com>
> > Hi, > > I'm thinking about buying a new  Dell Latitude E5410 laptop, I had to sell my LG laptop because it has a proprietary video driver that makes Linux unable to control brightness, resulting in laptop  battery did not last even for an hour ... =/ > Anyone have this laptop Dell Latitude E5410 ? Does it run  Gentoo smoothly ? > > Found nothing in the forums or  wiki ( http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Category:Dell_Laptops ) > > TIA > > []'s > Fernando Boaglio
If the laptop is supported by Linux, it is supported by Gentoo. Canonical has a certification programme for its Ubuntu distribution. If they provide full support, you must be able to get Gentoo working as well. http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/make/Dell (I get a proxy error, but the URL should be the correct one..) Martin